SAB Goblin Black Nitro SG651
GOBLIN BLACK NITRO – NEVER SO FAST
Nitro helicopters now enter a new era with the introduction of the SAB Goblin Black Nitro innovative design.
- High center of gravity with an optimized 650mm main rotor blades give the Goblin Black Nitro extreme agility and amazing performance.
- In additional to the flight characteristics, the new design helps all maintenance work very quick and easy.
- The SAB modular concept allows the removal of the engine and fuel tank within minutes
The SAB Goblin Black Nitro Flybarless Helicopter Kit. Featuring 650mm SAB TB “Thunder Bolt” Main, and matching tail blades. Pilots will experience a nitro helicopter like never before with flexibility from sport flying, to high headspeed, high pitch smack 3D flying. Additionally, SAB designers have paid special attention to common nitro design features and customer feedback, and have opted for a physically higher than average engine, pipe, and transmission mounting which equates to a higher CG (center of gravity) in order to optimize flying characteristics. Additionally, the fuel tank is located directly under the main shaft to ensure a minimal effect from the CG changing during the as the fuel tank gradually empties.
Moving into the nitro market allowed for additional improvements and advancements to the nitro design styles, and overall experience with the model. With that being said, SAB has opted for a simplistic installation. The engine unit can be installed or removed in minutes as it only utilizes 4 bolts for mounting into the frames. No accessory components such as the muffler, or fan shroud need to be left off or removed for installation or removal. Thus making both the build and general maintenance a breeze.
The same user experience is in mind in regards to the fuel tank, and fuel system. The tank is secured by 3 bolts which allow pilots to quickly install, remove, inspect, and replace any items needing attention in a timely and painless fashion.
The horizontal servo mounting system provides servo torque directly to the flybarless main rotor system through short, stiff linkage rods that rotate via bearing raced support. This system is strong, allowing power transfer to be as direct as mechanically possible, resulting in precision and rigidity that is simply unmatched.
Black Nitro Features At A Glance:
- Matt Black Rotor Head
- SAB Thunder Bolt “TB” Main and Tail Blades
- Starter shaft, clutch stack, fan, fan hub, and motor pulley are installed on one single shaft
- Aluminum tail case for increased stiffness
- Updated dampened tail rotor system, slop free, very durable
- Quick canopy release, allows for easy installation and removal of the canopy
- Canopy saver, protects the canopy edges from scuffing
- Modular Power System – Simple, Elegant, Beautiful: With the removal of a small handful of bolts, the entire power system can be removed from the Goblin Nitro – cyclic servos, engine, rotor system, main gear system all can be removed easily allowing this helicopter to be adjusted and repaired with great ease.
- Dual Belt Driven Performance – Simple, Robust, Light Weight: By utilizing a belt driven main motor, immense power can be transferred without the fear of gear failure. Belt driven systems are amazingly efficient, incredibly durable, and best of all, belt drive systems are ethereally light in weight, cutting out the complexity, noise and added weight of a torque tube drive system.
- Aerodynamic Boom Shroud – Form & Function in One Beautiful Package:Italian designing taken one step further, coalescing the aerodynamic canopy with a near seamless transition to a carbon fiber tail boom covering. This aerodynamic shroud brings a unique beauty to the SAB Goblin, serving as an aerodynamic element that allows the Goblin to traverse the skies at mach speeds. Speed and power has never looked so good
- CNC Aluminum Flybarless Main Rotor System – Nothing but the Best: Taking full advantage of flybarless technology, the SAB Goblin Nitro is offered in a flybarless kit only, utilizing a bearing raced blade grip control system for the absolute in precision & control. Nothing was held back throughout this build, and you can expect nothing less when the Goblin takes flight
- Light Weight Build – Power that can be Used Like No Other: By building the SAB Goblin Nitro with a keen eye on weight, SAB engineers were able to shave critical weight by utilizing carbon fiber materials & a dual belt driven gear system, which brings the Goblin Nitro to new worlds of power & performance.
- Patented Carbon Fiber Tail Boom – Strong, Light & Vibration Free:Reinforced with CNC aluminum for the utmost in strength, the patented carbon fiber tail system eliminates vibrations, allowing maximum rotor speeds to be achieved without the fear of vibration.
- SAB Thunder Bolt Rotor Blades: SAB Thunder Bolt blades are a drastic redesign of the original Black Line blades. The TB Blades feature a variable profile and chord width from end to end, allowing for optimal lift at each critical point of the blade. This allows the TB Blades to be up to 20% more efficient than other blade styles. The tip of the blade has also been tapered which allows for increased efficiency, and lower noise due to lack of wasted energy in flight.
NEVER SO FAST
Nitro helicopters enter a new dimension with the Goblin.
High center of gravity with an optimized 650 mm blades rotor give the helicopter extreme agility and amazing performance, which is incredible for a nitro machine!
In addition to the flight characteristics, we have paid special attention to making all maintenance work quick and easy. The SAB modular concept allows you to remove the engine unit and the tank in just a few minutes.General Specifications:
The center of gravity is one of the most essential items to a nitro model. We made it a priority to have a high and neutral center of gravity. The fuel tank is located in the center of the main shaft so that as the fuel level changes, the center of gravity remains the same.
The engine and all of its components are in one modular design. With 4 bolts, you can easily remove and install the entire engine assembly from the model.
Starting assembly, clutch stack, fan and motor pulley are installed on one shaft that is directly mounted onto the engine itself. This assures that everything with the engine is perfectly aligned for smooth transmission.