550 X - Tail Boom Clamp - Red Devil Edition LX0578
The 550 X is an amazing 550 class helicopter. Lynx has looked closely at the helicopter’s performance, and we have found a number of areas for improvement. One issue we noted was the standard Tail Boom Clamp.
These parts originally in plastic can’t clamp the boom as need, than vibe or tail wag can upend, reducing the tail system performance.
Lynx Heli Innovations has redesigned the standard 550 X plastic tail boom clamp, using aluminum alloy .
We designed a single ring clamp that once installed will lock perfectly the boom making the tail system “rock-solid”.
Like any Lynx part we aim for the strongest part with the lightest weight. We always look for upgrades that will not compromise helicopter performance.
The details and design of this tail servo mount add top performance and an exotic look to your 550 X tail system.
- Direct replacement for the standard 550 X tail parts.
- Optimized tail boom support for a “rock solid” clamp.
- Increased rigidity of the tail system improving tail performance reducing wag and vibes.
- FEA (Final Elements Analysis) design assistance, achieving the lightest weight with the maximum strength.
- Tail Boom Clamp Material: Aluminum 7075-T6 – Red anodized finish.
- Screw material: Carbon steel 12.9 class
- Assembled weight (including hardware): 6.5g
1 x CNC 550 X Tail Boom Clamp Red anodize finish.
2 x M3x10 Hex Cup Screw
1 x M2.5x8 Hex Cup Screw